Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Garlic Prawns!


I was never a sea-food crazy person until a dear friend of mine who we lovingly call Shaan spoke so much about delicious fried fish that I badly wanted to taste some. But I could never manage to eat anything beyond that. My recent love affair with sea-food began with my visit to Langkawi. And ever since I fear if prawns would soon be termed as endangered specie. I ate Garlic prawns in a local Chinese shack...If this is what they call those beachside food joints..!! Honestly...You need to try those to realize how tasty they are ... I would be wasting my time here explaining it to you..

You will find it funny if I told you what all you need to prepare this.. Prawns,finely chopped garlic,oil/butter depending on how generous you can get,salt,freshly ground pepper.

Heat butter/oil in a wok. When its hot add garlic and saute' it for sometime till u get the aroma of the garlic. Take out the garlic before it changes color. Now fry the prawn in the remaining oil which has the garlic flavor. When it turns crispy add salt ,pepper and fried garlic and gently mix. You can also add spring onion on top if you like.

Eat it with just about anything..My recommendation..Seinfeld concept..NOTHING!!

To be honest, even if I try I cant make this any complex...But yeah if you have time and some white wine you can marinate the prawns in wine and salt.This gives added zingg.....!

No comments:

Post a Comment